Monday, May 10, 2010

Oil catastrophe

Source: Homestead.com

The oil spills in the Gulf are just ridiculous. Since this catastrophe, all my worries are coming true. I have always been worried of the seafood prices to hike up, or a shortage of seafood, or worst people not buying seafood in my restaurant because they believe it is not safe that its poisonous. My restaurant, Purple Lobster, has been losing a massive amount of clientele because they think that the seafood is poisonous because of the oil spill. I have told them a million times that seafood is check to see if there is any type of danger in it and that it is 100 % consumable. The environment has been damaged so much that 30 % of the fishing zones have been closed down. Usually annually I would make about 2.4 billion dollars now I am not even sure whats going to happen. This is hard because I have children to feed and I am a widow. My husband was one of the victims in the explosion. Now I am left with all these bills to pay. My restaurant is passing through a big crisis. I have had to fire many employees because I can not afford to pay them. I feel so useless, why did this happen to us? Now, no one wants to taste my amazing dishes. This is so hard, should I sale my restaurant or change my menu?

No comments:

Post a Comment