Thursday, May 13, 2010

At Last

At last we are ending this crisis that we where going through. I feel this big relief in me, but at the same times I know that I need to make changes in my life. Now I know that I should not be so dependent on oil. I have learned to be more resourceful. First, I have to be consistent on the changes I have taken so far, such as walking, taking public transportation and going to my local markets. As a community we need to keep together and strong. I have to take a stand and keep reminding them that this could happen again if we are not careful.

Source: thinkquest.org


Before I new that this crisis was stopping I took a to see what was my Carbon Footprint and it was not that shocking but it was pretty bad. In order for me not to have such a big footprint on our planet I decided that I was going to start recycling, unplug electronics when I do not need them, buy more efficient and less harmful electronics, I was going to keep walking, and keep track of my carbon footprint so I can see what else I need to keep on working in. I appreciate earth and our uncaring has done something that I do not want to experience again. So, as I have stated before, I am going to keep on reminding our community this situation, I am going to organize events from time to time with help of peers to explain what caused this issues. I will pass out flyer's and other helpful things. Basically, what I will do is just inform people and influence them to take a healthier life style choice for us. It is going to be hard to maintain this type life styles, but I will try my hardest and remind myself that everything in this world is limited. I can not slip back because even though I am one person, I do create a big impact with my choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment