Monday, April 26, 2010

Can't belive what I learned!!!!

Source: mycleansky.com
Source: mikeonads.com Sources: bized.co.uk/learn.com



Today as I went to take a quiz on-line to see how much knowledge I have based on our issue of Oil shortage which made me found out some interesting facts. At first when I was reading about what demand and supply was I was so lost I had no idea what they meant by those two words. But then as I read more about it I found out that demand is pretty much the amount of goods and services that consumers are willing and able to buy. Supply is the amount of goods or services that producers are able and willing to sell as well which they determine the prices that will be given to the products. As I took the quiz the most surprising fact that I learned was that even after oil production in an area declines, there is still a substantial amount of oil remaining in the ground. I thought that if oil was declining it was because our natural sources where not available to us any longer because there was scarcity. Even though, what I had in mind was an ignorant thought, it was really helpful to actually learn what is happening all around us and know that when we have shortages there may be more but we have to really look hard for the resource.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, we just got to keep searching. I also was ignorant about the situation, I thought that oil could only be found in the desert areas. Who knew that by digging in the right place we could struck oil and become rich.

    Some of your sentences are a bit confusing because of the way you word them--they might need a comma or period here and there. You also have a few spelling errors, you might want to go back and fix them. Other than that, your post is good. =]] I liked the part where you said you had an "ignorant thought" because it makes the reader think you're just like them--one who does not know everything about the situation and instead goes by what they think they know, but as soon as they learn something new they correct themselves. You get me? ;p

    ReplyDelete